Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sun Stand Still

I prayed some "sun stand still" prayers tonight over my kids. My one word for the year is "pray" and I've been doing some different things each day to find more times and ways to pray. I had been planning to have some more time with my family to pray and just decided this afternoon that I was going to make it happen tonight. It was a really powerful experience for me to pray out loud the "sun stand still" prayers I've been praying all month... where my kids could actually hear the prayers and respond. Each one had something special to share with me afterward... Luke even wanted to get the copy of the book "Sun Stand Still" I just finished reading.

I would encourage the read ... it is a really good book! It challenges us to pray with audacious faith... to agree with God that he has called us to a larger purpose that will bring Him glory.

I'm believing and praying God will change the world through my kids... using their talents, their giftings, their generosity, their personalities, their leadership... only He can do it!

Join with me... pray ridiculously - pray imaginatively - pray unstoppably - pray forcefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment